-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
PySol - a Python Solitaire Game
Copyright (C) 1998 Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
<markus.oberhumer _at_ jk.uni-linz.ac.at>
What is PySol ?
Obviously, PySol is a solitaire card game written in 100% pure Python :-)
Why yet another solitaire game ?
Hmm. What do you think about this:
- based upon an extensible solitaire engine
- currently supports 19 different games - expect more to come
- very nice look and feel
- unlimited undo & redo
- load & save games
- player statistics
- hint system
- demo games
- support for user written plug-ins
- integrated HTML help browser
- PySol is portable across X11, Windows 95/98/NT and MacOS
- distributed under the GNU GPL
- full source code available
- written in Python ;-)
Yeah, I know. But what's new ?
- 3 new games: Eight Off, Golf and Grandfather's Clock
- implemented a statusbar
- new assist function: highlight all moveable piles
- additional PySol cardsets are available
Cool. Where can I get it ?
Point your browser to http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/pysol.html
Screenshots are available as well.
What do I need to start playing ?
PySol requires Python 1.5.1 and Tcl/Tk 8.0.3. Both packages are
freely available for Unix, Windows and Macintosh.
See the PySol homepage for installation instructions.
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce _at_ news.ornl.gov
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----