-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
PySol - a Python Solitaire Game
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999 Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
<markus.oberhumer _at_ jk.uni-linz.ac.at>
What is PySol ?
PySol is a free solitaire card game written in 100% pure Python.
Why yet another solitaire game ?
Good point. What do you think about this:
- based upon an extensible solitaire engine
- currently supports more than 40 different solitaire variants
- very nice look and feel including multiple cardsets and background
- unlimited undo & redo
- load & save games
- player statistics
- hint system
- demo games
- support for user written plug-ins
- integrated HTML help browser
- PySol is fully portable across Unix/X11, Windows 95/98/NT and MacOS
- distributed under the GNU GPL with full source code
Yeah, I know. But what's new ?
* As compared to the previous stable version 2.14 this release
includes more than 20 new solitaire variations and an
incredible number of other improvements.
Cool. Where can I get it ?
Point your browser to http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/pysol.html
The PySol Gallery is awaiting your visit as well.
What do I need to start playing ?
PySol requires Python 1.5.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.0.5. Both packages are
freely available for Unix, Windows and Macintosh.
BTW, there is no need to compile anything since the whole program is just
a Python script. Just run it, and that's all.
I'm looking for people who want to contibute new games, provide
additional graphics, scan cardset packs, improve the docs, etc.
Please see the README in the distribution about details.
- ---- Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus.oberhumer _at_ jk.uni-linz.ac.at> ----
- ---- http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/ ----
- ---- 5E CB 5C 85 DE AF 9E BF E9 DA 7E 6A 39 F8 CC 67 ----
3 WARPS TO URANUS
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce _at_ news.ornl.gov
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----