-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
PySol - a Solitaire Game Collection
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999 Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
<markus.oberhumer _at_ jk.uni-linz.ac.at>
What is PySol ?
PySol is an exciting collection of 111 solitaire card games.
Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game,
Canfield, FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid,
Scorpion, Spider, Yukon, and many more...
Why yet another solitaire game ?
Here are some highlights of PySol:
- currently supports 111 (!) distinct solitaire variants
- based upon an extensible solitaire engine
- very nice look and feel including multiple cardsets
and background table tiles
- unlimited undo & redo
- load & save games
- player statistics and log files
- hint system
- demo games
- support for user written plug-ins - add your own solitaire variants
- integrated HTML help browser
- lots of documentation
- fully portable across Unix/X11, Windows 95/98/NT and MacOS
- written in 100% pure Python
- just run it - no need to compile anything
- freely available
- distributed under the GNU GPL with full source code
Yeah, I know. But what's new ?
* Bought a new solitaire book and implemented about 65 new games :-)
* FreeCell game numbers are now compatible to the FreeCell FAQ
* Improved statistics and log views
Cool. Where can I get it ?
Point your browser to http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/pysol.html
The PySol Gallery is awaiting your visit as well.
What do I need to start playing ?
PySol requires Python 1.5.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.0.5. Both packages are
freely available for Unix, Windows 95/98/NT and Macintosh.
BTW, there is no need to compile anything since the whole program is just
a Python script. Just run it, and that's all.
I'm looking for people who want to contibute new games, provide
additional graphics, scan cardset packs, improve the docs, etc.
Please see the README in the distribution about details.
Any legal issues ?
PySol is Copyright (C) 1998, 1999 Markus Franz Xaver Johannes Oberhumer
PySol is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
See the file COPYING.
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce _at_ news.ornl.gov
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----