-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
PySol - a Solitaire Game Collection
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000 Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
<markus.oberhumer _at_ jk.uni-linz.ac.at>
What is PySol ?
PySol is an exciting collection of 151 solitaire card games.
Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game,
Canfield, FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Monte Carlo,
Osmosis, Pyramid, Scorpion, Spider, Yukon, and many more...
PySol may be freely distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
PySol aims to be Commercial Quality Freeware.
Why yet another solitaire game ?
Here are some highlights of PySol:
- freely available
- distributed under the GNU GPL with full source code
- currently supports 151 (!) distinct solitaire variants
- based upon an extensible solitaire engine
- very nice look and feel including multiple cardsets
and background table tiles
- unlimited undo & redo
- load & save games
- player statistics and log files
- hint system
- demo games
- support for user written plug-ins - add your own solitaire variants
- integrated HTML help browser
- lots of documentation
- fully portable across Unix/X11, Windows 95/98/NT and MacOS
- written in 100% pure Python
- just run it - no need to compile anything
Nice. And what's new ?
* Added 8 Hanafuda type games (Oonsoo, Pagoda, MatsuKiri, ...)
Many thanks to T. Kirk.
* Added 2 Poker type games (Poker Shuffle, Poker Square)
* Added 13 other new games (Der Katzenschwanz, Perpetual Motion,
Die Schlange, Three Shuffles and a Draw, Vegas Klondike, ...)
* Background music now is supported under Win32 as well.
* Added 2 cardsets to the PySol-Cardsets collection.
Cool. Where can I get it ?
Point your browser to http://pysol.tsx.org
The PySol Gallery is awaiting your visit as well.
What do I need to start playing ?
PySol requires Python 1.5.2 and Tcl/Tk 8.0.5. Both packages are
freely available for Unix, Windows 95/98/NT and Macintosh.
The Windows version ships as a completely self-contained setup file.
BTW, there is no need to compile anything since the whole program is just
a Python script. Just run it, and that's all.
PySol is Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000 Markus Franz Xaver Johannes Oberhumer
PySol is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
See the file COPYING.
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce _at_ news.ornl.gov
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----